Happy Valentines Day!!!
In the spirit of celebrating love, I'd like to take a moment to celebrate self-love.
Showing yourself love is just as important as showing others love.
In fact, I would argue that not showing yourself enough love limits your ability to show others love!
Self love is crucial to health and well being.
Too often, we mistaken self love as being selfish.
Selfish means taking care of yourself to the exclusion of others.
Self-care/Self love means taking care of yourself so you can better take care of others.
Self love can take on many forms.
- It can be taking a bubble bath with candlelight.
- It can be a 10 minute meditation.
- It can be a 20 minute chair massage.
- It can be going to bed when you are tired and not waking until your body wakes you. (My personal favorite!)
It can be so much more too!
How do I practice self love?
Here are my favorites:
- Going to sleep when my body feels tired, no matter what time the clock shows. (Again, my personal favorite!)
- Eating quietly without distractions and truly enjoying my food.
- Booking a bi-monthly massage with energy work (thank you Heather!)
- Lovingly massaging body oil all over after a hot, steamy shower. (I am OBSESSED with this new organic, cold-pressed body and face oil. Click here to purchase your own and use the discount code NIKKI15 for 15% off your purchase!)
- Participating in weekly personal development tasks that allow me to show up as authentically as I can every day.
As you can see, there are many ways I show myself love.
I encourage you to take a moment to think about what brings you joy, peace and a feeling of love.
Now make that thing happen this weekend!
Because you are worth it.
And you cannot give love to another that you don't give yourself first.